Curbside Garbage and Recycle Collection
The Town of Kindersley contracts Loraas Environmental Services Ltd. to conduct curbside cart collection of solid waste and recyclable materials for all residential properties within Kindersley. Garbage collection is conducted weekly, and recycle collection is performed on a bi-weekly basis.
For issues or concerns related to your curbside waste or recycle collection, contact Loraas at 306-463-2002.
Single Stream Recycling
The Town of Kindersley is committed to waste minimization and diversion through our single stream recycling and compost programs. With the single stream recycling program, all recyclable materials can be placed into the blue bins together - no sorting or separating required. Single stream blue bins are also available at the Kindersley Waste and Recycle Centre.
Acceptable materials must be clean and consist of the following: beverage containers (aluminum cans, plastic bottles/jugs, milk cartons, juice boxes), metal (aluminum, household tin), plastic (all household plastics labeled with any #1-7 symbol), paper fiber materials (newsprint, paper, flattened cardboard, etc.)
Recycle Schedule and Collection Zones
Click HERE to see the 2019 Schedule
Compost Curbside Collection
Loraas Environmental and the Town of Kindersley are pleased to begin a subscription-based curbside compost collection program, starting May 2015. This exciting waste diversion program is another initiative that will save valuable landfill space and provide a natural product that can be reused to maintain and fertilize Kindersley parks. To subscribe, phone 306-463-2008.
Allowable materials: unbagged leaves, grass clippings, non-woody vegetation and plant waste
Separate green carts will be provided to subscribers of the compost program. Collection days will occur every two weeks, alternating with regularly scheduled recycle days. Materials accepted include lawn/garden waste, branches, and non-organic items. Food compost is not included in this program.
The following yard waste is also accepted in the compost area provided at the Kindersley Waste and Recycle Centre: leaves, grass clippings, garden waste, and tree branches (non elm species only). All leaves and grass clippings must be removed from garbage bags.
Compost and Recycle Centre
The Kindersley Compost and Recycle Centre is located along Highway 21 south, on the west side of Kindersley at the location of our previous landfill. This area is open 24/7. Please be sure to separate compost into the correct piles and put recycle in the appropriate bins. Thanks for your cooperation!
Compost Includes: unbagged leaves, grass clippings, branches, non-woody vegetation, and plant waste
For larger loads of compost (trees, branches, old fire wood) please contact: (306) 460 8775 to properly dispose of your compost!
Recycle Includes: household tin and aluminum, plastics #1 to #7, and mixed paper and cardboard
NO FOOD ITEMS, NO GARBAGE, NO CONSTRUCTION WASTE
Western Salvage Now Open
- Located: On Highway 21 at the Kindersley Recycle Centre (previous landfill)
- Operating hours will be Tuesday-Saturday 9:00am-5:00pm
- We Accept: fridges (decharged), stoves, washers, dryers, small appliances such as microwaves and electronics,propane tanks (emptied and cleaned)
- That's right! We help dispose of your appliances at no charge to you!
- We Pay For:
- Scrap metal includes vehicles, trailers, old equipment, prepared or unprepared ferrous metal. Any scrap that is metal besides appliances.
- We buy non-ferrous metals such as aluminum, copper, brass, and stainless.
- We also accept batteries.
- Also offer yard clean-ups, bin services, and have a secondary location in Luseland, Saskatchewan.
Western Regional Landfill
Here are some important things to know about the WRLI facility:
- Operating hours will be Tuesday-Saturday 10:00am-6:00pm
- It will be a no cash facility
- Tipping rates for members are $100 per tonne, non-member rate is $200 per tonne. This includes an additional administration fee of $10.00
- There will be a debit machine on site for ease of use by the public
- Curbside collection will remain the same
- Our previous facility will become a recycle/compost centre
For more information contact:
Land Location: SE 4-29-24 W3rd
Phone: (306) 463 2002
Western Regional Landfill Inc.
Looking forward to seeing you there! The map below shows the best route!
The disposal costs at landfills for material for which there is no alternate use (waste construction and demolition (C&D) material) are high due to large volumes, weights and the mixture of several types of waste which may be difficult and costly to compact and cover. In some cases, owners of smaller landfills may be reluctant to accept C&D waste as large amounts of unexpected waste can quickly shorten the life of a landfill. The construction industry has been proactive in minimizing cost and construction material waste in the building of new structures. The potential for recycling or re-use of C&D material could significantly reduce waste disposal at landfills.