The Kindersley Food Bank is a charitable community organization working to eliminate hunger through nutritious food distribution.
The Food Bank distributes food hampers once per month from its depot located behind Premier Dance at 110B Railway Avenue.
Application forms are available from Spokes Family Resource Centre (located at Brethren in Christ Church) or the Salvation Army Thrift Store and must be returned on or before the 15th of the month. Health card numbers are also required when completing an application.
Emergency food hampers are also available for special circumstances. Contact the Food Bank at 306-460-7022 for more information.
Food Security Programs
The following agencies contribute to a variety of other programs that support health and sustainable food access for residents:
- Salvation Army Service Extension Unit
- West Central Crisis and Family Support Centre
- Canadian Mental Health Association - Kindersley Branch
- Kindersley and District Co-op's Good Buy to Hunger Program
- Close's Family Foods Close the Door to Hunger Program