Proclamation: September is Prostate Cancer Awareness Month
September 2017 has been proclaimed as Prostate Cancer Awareness Month and the Kindersley Administration Office will be illuminated with blue light in recognition.
Prostate Cancer Awareness Month supports the efforts of Prostate Cancer Canada and recognizes the following:
- Prostate cancer is the most common cancer to affect Canadian men
- 1 in 7 Canadian men will be diagnosed with the disease in his lifetime
- An estimated 23,100 Canadian men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer this year
- The survival rate for prostate cancer can be over 90 percent when detected early
- Those with a family history of the disease, or those of African or Caribbean descent, are at a greater risk of developing prostate cancer
- Prostate Cancer Canada recommends that men get a PSA test in their 40s to establish their baseline
For more information visit the Prostate Cancer Canada website.
Date Updated: August 31, 2017 - 4:42 PM