Infrastructure Work on King Drive and 2nd Street W
Updated August 7, 2018
Road infrastructure work is now complete on King Drive and 2nd Street West. Regular front curb collection for waste and recycle resumes this week. Thank you to all residents for your patience and cooperation during the duration of this projects. Paving crews will continue to complete a variety of asphalt patching jobs throughout Kindersley over the next few weeks.
Concrete and sidewalk reconstruction work is well underway on King Drive and 2nd Street West as part of Kindersley's 2018 infrastructure program. A road closure remains in effect for King Drive and 2nd Street W (from King Drive to Carmichael Ave) until work asphalt work is complete later this summer.
Water main replacement is complete and all Precautionary Drinking Water Advisories have ended.
Affected property owners are required to use the back alley as they will not have access to their driveways or sidewalks until after infrastructure work is complete. Back alley garbage and recycle collection also commences this week. Please place ALL carts on the King Drive side of the 2nd Street back lane. It is also a very good idea for residents to make note of their serial number and record to prevent mix ups when they collect their carts. Cart pick-up should continue on curbside front pickup on 2nd Street until the roadway closes.
Map of Planned 2018 Water Main Replacement
Following excavation of King Drive and 2nd Street West, water main replacement is expected to take five or six days to complete. Sidewalk, curb and gutter work will commence after water main replacements are complete.
Approximately $1.08 million will be invested in water main, sidewalk, and road infrastructure repair this year, primarily on King Drive and 2nd Street West (from Carmichael Avenue to King Drive) with some additional sidewalk sections and asphalt patching in priority areas throughout town.
Affected residents will be notified and are encouraged to be aware of the following information for the duration of the infrastructure work:
Water Main Replacement
- You will be notified with a red door hanger immediately before work begins and will be connected to a temporary water supply for the duration of the replacement work. If required, property owners will be contacted by the Town of Kindersley to schedule an appointment to have their sewer line inspected. This will ensure there are no blockages that may cause issues after water main replacement is complete.
- Please make sure taps are accessible and functioning so that temporary water service can be connected.
- Once temporary water service is connected:
Flush your water taps thoroughly as the temporary line will be heavily chlorinated. The temporary water line is not connected to your water meter so you will not be charged for your water use at this time.
- One permanent water service lines are reconnected:
Please follow the Precautionary Drinking Water Advisory instructions outlined on the red door hanger you received.
- A green door hanger will be issued once water quality tests have been received confirming that boiling water is no longer necessary.
Sidewalk, Curb and Gutter, Asphalt Paving
- Please remove your vehicles from the street and your driveway in order for sidewalk replacement to proceed. Sidewalks will be inaccessible during reconstruction. Vehicles left obstructing Town contractors could be subject to towing. Allow seven (7) days for sidewalks to cure before driving on the curb. Fresh sidewalks can be walked on after 24 hours.
- Mark any underground sprinklers on your boulevard or within two (2) metres from the sidewalk.
- Move garbage, recycle, and compost carts to the back alley until infrastructure work is complete. There will be periods during street reconstruction when access to driveways will be limited. Back lanes can be used as access during construction.
Date Updated: August 7, 2018 - 3:25 PM