10 Fire Prevention Tips
1. Install smoke alarms outside each bedroom and sleeping area, and on each level of your home, including the basement. Make sure to follow all of the manufacturer's instructions.
2. Test smoke alarms monthly to make sure that they are working properly, replace any smoke alarms that are more than ten years old.
3. Have your fire extinguisher serviced and inspected regularly, and recharge it after use.
4. Regularly check and clean appliances with filters and screens such as dishwashers and clothes dryers. In the case of clothes dryers, leftover lint in the screen and piping can ignite in high temperatures, causing fires.
5. Do not place heat producing electrical products too close to flammable material.
6. Do not bring electronic devices to bed, such as laptops and smartphones. They contain lithium batteries which can explode and cause fires when they fail.
7. Do not leave cooking appliances unattended.
8. Keep lighters and matches out of the sight and reach of children at all times. Teach children the dangers of lighters and matches.
9. Extinguish all candles before going to bed or leaving the room. Never leave burning candles unattended.
10. Check with local fire department before using paper lanterns!
For more information, click HERE!
Date Updated: October 10, 2018 - 1:39 PM