Projects & Construction

Getting Your Project Started

In order to help you get your development or construction project started and ensure you are obtaining all the required permits and documentation, view Steps to be Followed .

Building and Developing

Building and Development Permit applicants are encouraged to contact the Engineering, Planning and Development Department prior to formal application submission in order to clarify issues related to the processing of their application(s).

See also:

Development Permits

A development permit is required for most types of development in the Town of Kindersley. The permit ensures compliance with the Zoning Bylaw and approves the appearance, location, size and use of a building in any particular lot. Certain buildings and land uses are only allowed in certain areas of the Town in order to create comfortable residential environments, as well as prosperous business settings.

Building Permits

A building permit grants you legal permission to start construction with the knowledge that the submitted drawings comply with appropriate governmental regulations. In addition, the building permit provides the means to enforce the requirements of the National Building Code of Canada 2010 , the Town of Kindersley Building Bylaw 01-12 , as well as other laws and applicable standards to ensure compliance during construction as well as the safety of the building. A building permit shall not be issued unless a development permit, when required, has been granted first.

A building permit is required for the construction of a new building, an addition, or alteration of any building or structure, including but not limited to:

  • Building and building additions (i.e. new washroom, kitchen, bedroom, etc.)
  • Raised patios and decks measuring more than 0.6 metres in height above grade, projecting not more than 3.0 metres into the required rear yard
  • Attached or detached garages
  • Carports
  • Basement development
  • Sheds over 9.3 square metres
  • Renovations that involve significant structural, electrical, or mechanical changes

Applicants may have to contact one or more of the following departments and agencies to obtain specific information about other work that may need to be conducted outside of the scope of the development proposal. Examples: tree removal, applications for subdivision, line locates, utility service connections.

Development Fees

Payment of development fees, where applicable, is required prior to the issuance of a development permit, in accordance with the bylaws of the Town of Kindersley. For more information on development fees, please contact the Engineering, Planning, and Development Department.

Forms, Applications, and Checklists

Development Process and Permit Fee Schedule

Download the current Town of Kindersley Development and Building Permit Fee Schedule . Completed applications should be submitted to:

Town of Kindersley
Engineering, Planning and Development
106 5th Avenue East
Kindersley, SK S0L 1S0

Planning and Zoning

Zoning regulates land uses within Kindersley limits. Each parcel in the Town is assigned to a zone which describes the regulations under which that land may be used. The Zoning Bylaw 04-14 identifies allowable uses and sets standards such as minimum lot size, maximum building height, and minimum front yard depth.

In addition, developers must consult the Building bylaw and other maps available to the public in order to located underground infrastructure and other required infrastructure and services.

Infrastructure Standards


  1. Zoning Map
  2. Topography and Storm Water Drainage
  3. Road Construction Map
  4. Water Main System and Materials Map
  5. Sanitary Sewer System and Materials Map
  6. Sanitary Sewer Inverts Map
  7. Wastewater Collection System
  8. Surface Features
  9. Storm Sewer System
  10. Topographic Survey Kindersley Regional Airport
  11. Truck Routes Map
  12. Snow Removal Map

Download this guide to the Municipal Planning Process In Saskatchewan